Cover Flow Won't Flip

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wjoe, Jul 31, 2008.

1. wjoe macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently purchased a 32G iPod Touch as an upgrade to my previous one of 16G. On my first iPod, whenever I was in Cover Flow, I could flip the iPod 180 degrees, and the whole Cover Flow would flip over.

With my new iPod, this will usually work, but not when I am viewing Cover Flow directly from the "Now Playing" screen. This means that, once in Cover Flow, I will flip the iPod over, and Cover Flow will be upside-down, without rotating.

My iPod is updated with all the latest firmware/software. Any ideas?

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I just gave it a try, and mine flips just fine. I'm clueless. Anyone else try it?

3. wjoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have firmware 2.0 installed? I do, and am wondering if this is the problem. I do not have it on my other iPod, and that one is working correctly.

4. whiteness macrumors member

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Happens to me also.

Speaking of which, they added the 'double tap Home button' method to bring up the music controls when in Cover Flow, but so far that's only worked once for me. The 180-degrees thing looked rather cool and was convenient, but yeah, like you it doesn't work anymore from the Now Playing screen for me either.

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

And speak of the devil, now I can't flip it 180°, when I posted earlier about not having a problem with this.

Oh, and the double-tap music controls work just fine as long as I have a song selected.

7. wjoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, yeah...it's because of the 2.0 software. I just updated my other iPod to the new version, and now it is having the same issue. I guess this is good, though, since it means there is nothing wrong with the iPod itself, and hopefully this can be fixed in future software updates.

Thanks! Good luck