Cover for 13" rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by montycat, Apr 11, 2015.

1. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I just bought a mid 2014 13" rMBP. Great deal from Best Buy with a $300.00 discount. Im thinking of getting a protective cover for it. Im looking at the Speck clear covers. Do covers cause overheating? Any recommendations and thoughts?

2. blaine07 macrumors 68000

I bought one of the specks from BB as well. So far, so good. Have seen recommended to remove every so often to get dust from in between it out so it doesn't scratch MBR. (I realize I could've got something much cheaper from Amazon... But I just knew my luck I'd regret that "wait" time...)

3. montycat thread starter macrumors 6502

montycat

Thanks Blaine! Good to know. BB has great deals sometimes! I didn't see the thread above about bags, sleeves and cases. I will read through it and get other ideas:p

4. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

5. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Incase used to make hardshell covers for MBPs with rubberized coating (for around the same price) that I preferred over these current glossy ones by Speck. They also seemed to be thicker and more rugged.

But now it seems that they don't make hard shells for MBPs at all anymore. A pity, really.

And yes, $50 is downright obscene for ANY plastic laptop hardshell. But then again, the nicer iPhone cases cost $20-30. :p

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

Macbooks cool through their chasis and that is why I don't use a cover.

7. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

From expirence I wouldn't Invest in a case from best buy they are way over priced over a rubberized case off eBay I find them a lot better than the best buy ones it feels much more premium I would suggest if you go the rubberized from eBay get a clear case because they are finger print magnets and barely even show on clear case

8. blaine07 macrumors 68000

Speck I got from BB is a "matte" black version. Far from slick and glossy...I did notice BB had both types, however. I imagine Speck "matte" is just overpriced Amazon version, but I just had to have that instant gratification lol..sigh

9. Zapdoc macrumors member

Best thin protective cover

Got the Tech21 Snap on cover from Apple store for my MBA 2015 Lovely fit not loose and the energy absorbing material does adhere to all the edges of MBA
    Really good feeling from the cover soft feeling but protective ..
    Lightweight as well.

10. solo118 macrumors 65816