Cover for trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AJ Muni, Oct 13, 2010.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Hey guys, I'm looking for a cover for my trackpad, have a scratch that I want to cover up. Any ideas? I have a 15" Unibody MBP

2. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

My palmgaurd with trackguard should be here tomorrow.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Been using a Palmguard for almost a year. Still looks brand new. I love it.

I don't use the trackguard.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

most trackpad covers are clear and might not help cover a scratch - I bought the moshi kit when I first bought my MBP - I only use the trackpad cover as I did not like the look of the palm cover - I will include it when I resell the MBP in a couple of years.

I was mostly concerned with the trackpad getting really shiny

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Just FYI, I've been using my MBP for almost a year without a trackpad cover, and the trackpad looks no different than it did when I bought it.

It's a glass trackpad, not the plastic material they used to use.....

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

glass is a porous material ... if you rubbed your fingers on a window in the same spot everyday for a year ... the glass would be marked permanently and not even the worlds best glass cleaner would bring it back to original.

I have never seen a MBP trackpad that did not mark after a year ... no matter how dry your hands may be.

however ... we are getting away from the OP question, who was looking to cover a scratch.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Well, I'm not making it up.

You've never seen mine. It is shine-free.... even if I shine a light on it at different angles to try to see a shiny area.

The shiny area occurred on my last 2007 MacBook and on the two iBooks I've owned, but it hasn't occurred yet (even with heavy use) on my MBP.

And go Leafs go.