Cover interior touching the surface, is it really a big deal?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ElDogman, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

There's a number of people who feel uncomfortable with cases and folios where the cover bends and touches the surface in order to achieve whatever viewing angle. they are usually worried that whatever touches the inside from the surface, ends up touching the screen afterwards.

For example Apple Smart cover folds inwards and exposes a small part of its inside, the STP Grip has its entire cover's interior touching the surface as the stand is on the back, Yoobao is also the similar etc.

but is this really a big deal or is the concern justified?

2. simmstar macrumors member

you can fold the Smart Cover either way. For example, with the microfibre outwards and touching surface of the table etc. or with the polyurethane/leather on the outside touching the surface. No stress. :D

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read the post - ignore this!!!!!!!!!!

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I've had a case with a cover on my original iPad that was such that the inside of the cover would touch the surface when using the stand modes. Honestly in a normal home environment I've never had an issue. I didn't go around wiping surfaces before setting my iPad down or take any special measures and had no issues with a dirty cover or scratched glass. The case I have now for the new iPad is TPU On both sides which is actually pretty nice as it doesn't tend to pick up anything.

Now with all this said, if I used my iPad out in the construction business or in an environment with dirt or grit, I would have full protection with screen protector and a different type of case.

4. erawsd macrumors 6502

For me, its a real concern. I had a Switcheasy Canvas for my iPad 2, I loved the case to death but the typing mode required the case to bend back with the microfiber touching the surface. The microfiber def started to have more of a grayish/worn out look to it.

5. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Here's my case that has TPU on both sides of the cover. Nothing really clings to it and if it does get dirty from hands or anything else - it's easy to wipe off using glass cleaner and microfiber cloth. The Griffin Intellicase is slim, light weight and my favorite case that I've tried thus far. For me it works the best with extra stable stand modes. No bouncing or moving around when typing. Others don't like the openness of the bottom side of the case but I do as it gives full access with the camera adapter to the iPad without having to take off the case.

Attached Files:

6. ElDogman thread starter macrumors 6502

ElDogman

what's the typing angle for that model?