Cover letter assistance.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sycho, May 11, 2007.

1. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

Ok, I have been job hunting for a while in my field and it has been no-go for Electrical Technicians in my Thunder Bay.

So basically I am applying at a descent call centre and the local Famous Players. No posting for either, I am told both are always hiring, and I have "refer-ers" with in each.

I got the "gutts" of my cover letters done, I just don't know how to start them. I typically start with " I am responding to the advertisement...." but again, these ones are kinda like cold calls...

So, who's got some ideas for me?

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

There are many websites outlining how to write cover letters, and they probably do a better job than I did just now.

Also make sure in the last (of the 3, the 1st being what i just gave you, the 2nd is the gut) paragraph, you end with mentioning that you will call them <insert time that you want an interview, e.g. next week>. Of course, you'll also thank them for the time, and tell them to look into your resumé for detailed information about your credential and past.

Good luck.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

4. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I know this thread is over a year old, so please don't shoot! I was searching for cover letter assistance and I came across this response in the thread. Priceless.