Cover/Skin?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GaresTaylan, Jan 25, 2011.

1. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone. I have an early 2007 17" Aluminum Macbook Pro that has seen better days. The case is pretty scratched up and I was trying to find some accessories to clean things up a bit.

I was thinking about purchasing something like this for the keyboard: http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Detail?no=152
    It would still allow me to use the backlit keyboard but also give it the nice black style keys that I love on the new MBPs. Has anyone used these that has any feedback they'd like to add?

Does anyone know of any nice matte black skins or cases that are good quality but wouldn't add a lot of additional thickness to the machine? Most of what I have managed to find online are for either the newer MBPs or I cant find anything for the 17" model.

My wife has a speck case for her macbook, but the plastic feels so cheap, scratches easily and is a little thicker than I would care for.

2. Y2HBK macrumors newbie

3. GaresTaylan thread starter macrumors 6502a

No one? Ideally what Im looking for is like a satin/matte/rubberized case. I wanted something without the cheap plastic feel and/or something that isnt glossy.

4. parkjoony macrumors newbie

5. DanielGMac macrumors newbie

DanielGMac

That keyboard skin specifically says it does NOT fit 1G keyboards, only unibody.

I'm looking for a keyboard skin too. I got one but it doesn't fit my 2007 so I'm digging up older threads to find one that does fit.

Anyone have a link for a skin to fit a 2007?

Thanks
    DanH

6. himesh macrumors regular