Coverflow Compilations - driving me nuts...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Nick012, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Nick012 macrumors regular

I have a compilation on my ipod (well a few) but this specific one has 8 entries in coverflow. The album field is the same across the board but it still shows up as 8 separate albums. I think this is a common problem but does anyone have a fix?

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I have found that if you make the album artist the same on compilations than it fixes the problem.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

The only thing I could think of is to make sure all of the other info besides the artist (if you want to keep the original artists rather than make them all the same) is the same across the board.

Check date, disc number, number of tracks, composer, album art, genre, etc.

Good luck :)

4. Nick012 thread starter macrumors regular

It turns out that if you go into the 'get info' section on each track and then hit the info tab theres a check box that says 'part of a compilation'. That fixes the problem. Thank you forafireescape for pointing me that way.

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Also, if you have all the files in that album selected and you get info, then in the Grouping area, put the artists' name and it will group all those songs under that one name. This name appears under the albums' name so that is why Artist is the best choice. Or if it is a mash up of artists like Now 17 or what have you, then you can just have it the album name or the remixer (like all songs remixed by so and so)... I have that and compilation checked...

EDIT - I found out I was wrong, the thing you want the same on all the songs is the "album artist" once again, you can just put like the album name if all the songs are by different artists...