Coverflow Problem - Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bohemiancorn, Jun 13, 2007.

1. bohemiancorn macrumors newbie

Hi there. Recently bought a 2.0 ghz MacBook, then loaded all my music. iTunes automatically downloaded artwork, great so far. But Coverflow is really really slow on my Mac. Even if I've only got iTunes running, attempting to scroll through my music is slow and lags, and I have to wait about 20 seconds staring at the beachball thing. I don't want to give up on Coverflow yet, because it's meant to be really fast and smooth.

So can someone help me? Is there anything I can do? I don't think it's my computer because 2 ghz should be enough to handle this. Please, someone help me out. Thanks everyone. Seb.

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Just curious but is your library on an external drive and do you have anything else running that is sucking up your processor power? Two obvious thoughts I know but always check the easiest ones first.

3. bohemiancorn thread starter macrumors newbie

No, library is on internal drive, and there's nothing else running that could be eating up speed. Any other suggestions?

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Are you running the cover flow in full screen? The very first time I checked out Cover Flow it didn't run as smooth as I hope it would either. Perhaps it just has to run through all the pictures the first time or something then it will get smoother.

The only other thing that comes to mind is make sure you have latest upgrade of iTunes? Sorry I haven't been much help.:(

5. bohemiancorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Nah, it's just in normal mode, not fullscreen. And yup, I've got the latest iTunes version. I just can't figure out whats wrong.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Open up Disk Utility, select your Hard Drive, and press 'Repair Disk Permissions' :)

Hope it works...

7. bohemiancorn thread starter macrumors newbie

8. x Shadow Dragon macrumors regular

9. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

And more importantly do you have enough? Open up Activity Monitor in your Applications > Utilities folder....click on the System Memory tab, is your pie full of healthy green or is it mostly blue and yellow when using Coverflow in iTunes?

Also, do you have a lot of dashboard widgets? Those use memory in the background and could be part of this problem.