Coverflow question

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Martron, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Martron macrumors regular

I have a few albums under different artists titled the same thing, like Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton both have albums titled Unplugged for example. However, in coverflow on my Ipod Classic if i view the songs on Paul's album, it shows me all the songs for both album. It does not do this under the regular artist or album menus, only on coverflow. I have changed the "Album Artist" to the correct artist name, but it still does it. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

2. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

3. Martron thread starter macrumors regular

I did all that, but it's still not workin. In the regular menus its showing up ok, its just in coverflow. I added all the Album Artists and checked off "No" for compilation. Is there any othe rway to fix it or is it just a bug in the OS??

4. flying dog macrumors newbie

People on the Apple forums have talked about there being the possibility of a bug - that maybe coverflow should group by album name.

I'm going to play around with coverflow once I get home. A couple of albums insist upon using >1 picture so I'm going to try removing art from all but one track and paste it into the whole selection. And I'm still dealing with the various artists issue... looking forward to giving this one a try after work. I'll report back...

5. iNeko macrumors regular

I made a topic about Cover Flow being bugged - for me, it's split compilation albums up into the individual artists, but when you select any of the artists it brings the whole album up...

I think there's a bug in there somewhere, or maybe they should make it use the "Album Artist" tag like iTunes does and sort by album, not artist...

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Does it have anything to do with how things are sorted? For example, if you click the Album column so that it is sorted "Album by Artist" do you still have this problem?

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Haven't tried this, but an inspiration: try setting the "Sort Album" to "Unplugged - Paul McCartney" and "Unplugged - Eric Clapton", etc. I think it should separate them for that purpose. Let me know if that works!

jW

8. flying dog macrumors newbie

Nothing works for me so far. The compilation issue remains.

BUT

I was able to fix an album that showed up a few times under the same artist/album by getting info for the whole album and typing in the album name. Even though it all looked fine in the list view in iTunes there still must've been a problem somewhere.

Anybody having that problem should give this a try.