Coverflow while playing from connect ipod through itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ray_uk, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ray_uk macrumors member

I was wondering is there any way to enable coverflow from the music being played from an ipod through itunes while its docked / synched? That is the coverflow artwork is not from the local music library but from the tracks being played from the ipod.

2. srgdesign57 macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing.

I would like to use "Cover Flow" in iTunes while playing songs from my iPod while it is connected to my computer but it doesn't seem possible. Does anyone know if there is a iTunes plug-in or if Apple plans on adding this feature in the future?

3. coryetzkorn macrumors regular

coryetzkorn

It is possible, but not how you would like it to be. You can't play music off an iPod in iTunes (there are a few apps that WILL let you do this - like Senuti). However, if it is your iPod and the music on the iPod is linked to your iTunes library, you should just be able to use coverflow in your library and it will be the same as if you are browsing your ipod.... obviously because the content is the same. Coverflow works fine while you iPod is syncing, too.

4. srgdesign57 macrumors newbie

Can play songs from my iPod through iTunes but no "Cover Flow"

I can play songs from my 160 gig iPod Classic through iTunes even if the songs are not in the iTunes library without any problems. What I would like is the "Cover Flow View" option to work while playing them. At this point only the "List View" works but not "Album View" or "Cover Flow View". I believe this must be some kind of oversight on Apple's part as I can't see why it shouldn't work when the songs on my iPod have the album art embedded in them.

I don't have a lot of room on my computer's internal hard drive so I specifically got the large iPod so most of my music can be stored and played from there. It is very disappointing that I can't view the songs in "Cover Flow View" as that is my favorite way of sorting through albums.

If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Senuti is only for transferring songs or files from your iPod to your computer.

5. lazappa macrumors newbie

I'd Like This Feature Too

My Wife and I both sync our iPods using her computer and I connect my iPod to my machine at work to listen to it. I'd really like to be able to use cover flow in this scenario also. I am currently using iTunes Global Hotkeys and the little indicator that it displays when a new song comes on correctly shows the album art from the iPod. It just seems like this should be a feature that Apple could just enable.

6. srgdesign57 macrumors newbie

I got tired of waiting for Apple to enable this feature so I just ended up getting a bigger internal hard drive for the computer that I have hooked up to my stereo system. In other words, I bought the large iPod for nothing as my older one worked fine. Oh well, we live and learn.