Coverflow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarkW19, Jul 2, 2007.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

If you've got albums without album artwork (ie. ones you've got from CDs, or just custom ones with no artwork available), can you select to OMIT these from the iPhone's iPod coverflow mode?

I've quite a few of these (when I click download artwork for these, it says it can't be found), and it'll make coverflow look really bad on the iPhone!

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Well you can always put your own pic in place of artwork.
    Are you in the UK with an iPhone?

3. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

I was just hoping there was some sort of global setting so that coverflow doesn't load blank artwork!

And sadly, no I'm not in the UK with an iPhone, just thinking ahead :)

4. BoomKing macrumors newbie

iTunes Album Art Selector

I found a program that allows you to select a song, then it goes to amazon's db and pulls the art. You then select to download it and it will apply i directly to itunes. It's fairly manual, but the hard part is making sure you have album names for it to search.

All in all, for 1800 songs I spent about 24hrs cleaning up my iTunes Album Art. I elected to be anal and make sure all songs were consistent as far as Genre, and album names (i.e. Welcome to the Jungle vs. Welcome To The Jungle), so it took me way longer than it should take most folks. Nonetheless, spend the time, you'll be glad when you're showing the phone off to friends.

5. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you have a link to the program? Sounds useful!

6. docc macrumors 6502

You can use iEatBrainz (free app) to find out album details of your tracks incase it got lost in encoding from your CD. You can then use iTunes Album Art selector to pull artwork off Amazon.

Coverflow looks fantastic and its just super when flickin away!

7. deirdre macrumors newbie

I use the Album Art Widget.

8. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the help guys, just used a combination of the tips above (and some manual labour!) and I've now significantly improved my album artwork collection.

9. TheScappian macrumors regular