Coverflow?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by karlos4129, Sep 29, 2008.

1. karlos4129 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

just bought 2nd g touch, having trouble sorting out coverflow.
    when i switch to coverflow the albums arent in the same order as they are in itunes, i think they are now in alphabetical order according to artist.

anyway of changing to alphabetical according to album or am i being very stupid?

gracias

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Sorry, but I think there is no option other than alphabetically by artist. Which is a shame because I would also prefer them to me ordered by album.

3. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

This bugs me too. At the very least if it could use the "Sort Artist" field it'd be helpful since I use those fields to sort by artists' last names.

4. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

No kidding, 2.2 better add other sorting options. Maybe a search feature too... :D

5. swarmster macrumors 6502a

swarmster

The thing I love about Coverflow on the iPod is that it only shows the albums I have names and art for. I only fully tag songs that I rip the whole album for. This means in iTunes Coverflow is basically useless since there's maybe 30 labeled albums in a sea of thousands of music-notes.

But on the Touch I'm actually getting some use out of Coverflow for the first time. And it's pretty cool. Any chance Apple will make iTunes behave more like the Touch in the future?

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Don't count on it, if anything they would have added it in 2.0 or perhaps even the January Upgrade.