Covering the iPad 2 launch for a newspaper/magazine

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RDowson, Mar 20, 2011.

1. RDowson macrumors regular

RDowson

Hey!

I'm a new freelance photographer (just upgraded to a Canon 7D) and I was hoping to take some photos of the iPad 2 launch at the Apple Retail Store in Glasgow, Scotland on Friday 25th March.

I have seen one or two photographers there before for previous launches so there must be some interest by the newspapers/magazines.

I am prepared to do this for free as it would at least get my name out there, however I was wanting to contact the newspapers and magazines first to see if I could get their permission to cover the event for them. This could perhaps get me a pass to take photos inside the Apple Store too.

If all else fails, Ill turn up, take some photos outside (which is a public place) and email them in to the newspapers/magazines.

What I'm wondering is how do I contact them in the first place? Either to ask if they would like me to cover the launch for them or to submit photos to them after the event.

Any help would be much apprenticed.

Many thanks in advance!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. RDowson thread starter macrumors regular

RDowson

Thanks.

I looked at some of the contact pages on the newspaper websites. Couldn't see what department would apply to what I'm looking to do. I'll give the news desk a try. Thought that was just for submitting a story to them but I suppose asking them about covering an event might fall under that category too.

Thanks again!

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Chances are the papers would send a staff tog along to take pictures if they are interested. Though no harm in contacting the picture editor if you want to offer your services.