CoverMeNot ~ new tweak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Che Castro, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

Description: Double the size of the status bar to accomodate incoming banner notifications.
    Price: Free
    Repo: Mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neogin8GKmA

I didn't even noticed that the banner was doing that lol

You gotta give the developer an "A" for even thinking about this

Never in a million years would i have thought of this

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

thx for sharing, its always driving me crazy when i do something and the button is covered up by the interrupting notification and i have to wait for it to go away

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

4. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Great tweak! Installed. I hated when a notification would cover things up

5. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

And, this is why, ladies and gentlemen, I can never go back to stock iOS! :D Thank you for sharing!

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

IOS 6 will feature this and make a big deal about it.. Sometimes I think the jb Dev's should sue apple as well for there work that latter became part of stock. Ideas like this is what Apple eventually implements latter and calls it there own.

7. tateu macrumors 6502

I haven't tried it, but I would hate it. I don't like anything that moves my screen while I am using it. I could be clicking a button or a web page link just as a notification comes through and now the button or link has moved and I end up clicking the wrong location on the screen.

8. BumpyFlatline, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I love this tweak. I always hated when notifications would come in while I was navigating the settings app or reading through tweets in twitter. Whenever a notification would come in, it would mostly cover the "back" button in the top left of the screen. I can still tap the button but it's a small spot so if I miss, I accidentally tap the notification and then that app would open. Before this tweak I would quickly swipe down then up the notification center while the banner was on the screen and it would go away but then I wouldn't be able to read the banner lol. Now with this tweak, I can read the banner and still tap any buttons on the top of my screen.

However, I have noticed one bug. When using Fullscreen for Safari, when a banner appears, at the bottom of safari a grey bar appears that is the about the same width as the status bar doubled. Even after the notification banner disappears the grey bar remains at the bottom of safari. The only way to get rid of it is to close safari then remove it from the task switcher and reopen safari. Pretty annoying. Hopefully a fix will arrive soon. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: I learned that if I exit Fullscreen mode then re-enter Fullscreen mode, that grey bar disappears. If anyone else is experiencing this issue, this should solve it.

9. Kayan macrumors 6502

Like it, but since iOS6 is coming out this fall, and I don't get too many notifications, I'll probably just wait for Apple to implement this.

10. JBryan84 macrumors regular

When I click the banner for quick reply bite sms it resprings into safe mode. I must have a tweak that is conflicting. Maybe StatusTweak? Anyone else experience this?

11. chokem macrumors 6502

12. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

13. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

14. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

15. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Had a go with this last night but i prefer SmallBanners myself.

16. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

This really slowed down my 3Gs big time. I like the tweak, but I'm not taking a big performance hit