Covert GIF into MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by garciarios, Oct 3, 2009.

1. garciarios macrumors regular

Ok guys hopefully someone knows the procedure. Now that I have MMS a lot of my friends are sending me hilarious GIF MMS. Well I am trying to figure out a way to send them GIF that I find online. In other words how can I get http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1232031322_fbf0ih_th.gif to my iphone messages so I can forward the MMS to my friends? I have AT&T.

2. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

One way that works: download the photo to your computer then send yourself email with the image as an attachment.

On your iPhone, run Mail.app, check your inbox, click on the image and save to your Camera Roll. Then go to Messages.app and create a new MMS message. Pick the image ("Choose Existing" option), type your message and select your recipients. Ta-da!

TIP: it's a good idea to make sure any image you send this way is less than 600K because that's the limit AT&T sets for MMS files.

I haven't found a way to directly download it from the web (with the iPhone's Safari) to camera roll, so...

3. garciarios thread starter macrumors regular

The Problem with that is the second you save it to your camera roll it changes it from a GIF into a JPG so the animation is gone.

4. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Ahhh... hmmm. Interesting, didn't realize that. That's nasty. :(

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

The simplest way is the best: copy it from the site and paste it into an MMS. That's worked for me, within the 600 kb size limit. Don't bring it into your camera roll at all.

Then, once you have sent it, you have it in the conversation and can copy and paste it as needed.

6. tempjo macrumors newbie

use free app txtagif to mms gif

you can use free app txtAgif - animate your MMS to send animated gif in your MMS. search for txtagif in appstore