Covert on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by hoffmant, Feb 13, 2011.

1. hoffmant macrumors member

Does Covert work on the iPad, or is there something similar that does? I don't need private browsing all that often, but I really like how simple Covert works on my iPhone.

I installed it on my iPad, but it doesn't seem compatible. I can see the "private browsing" button flash in the corner of the screen when I switch pages in Safari, but there's no way to tap it.

Has anyone else gotten it to work, or is there something else that does work?

Thanks!

2. shotts56 macrumors 6502

I too would like to know the answer to this. Anyone any ideas?

3. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Have you tried using the Terra web browser for the iPad? It's a really great app, and it's even free.

- You can set up a passcode to open up the web browser
    - It supports tabs, which I find really convenient
    - It has full-screen
    - It has an "Incognito Mode" which closes tabs, erases cookies, and history every time you start up the browser
    - You can also have the web browser identify as iPad Safari Mobile, Mac OSX Safari 5, Internet Explorer 6, or Firefox 3.6. This works particularly well if you don't want to have to view the mobile site on website.

4. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Covert does not work on ipad sadly, and I did email the developer and he has no intentions of porting it. Now, I suspect to tweak it would be easy as I imagine it would only require moving the on/off toggle around a little since the ipad mobile safari layout is a little different and there is no current way to toggle private browsing after one installs covert, but I have no idea how to do that. The developer does have his source code publicly displayed at getithub so anyone in the know should try to port it for us.