coverting m4v

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Tech198, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

I am using Bun but no matter the options i can't get audio in the mpeg output.

The audio in m4v file is H.264 .. I know AC-3 won't do anything without "help" from third party solution, and MP2 doesn't didn't help neither.

I'm running MacOS 10.12.3.. I guess Toast would solve this, but its only one DVD... I prefer using Burn

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Burn is not normally a problem. Please list the steps that you take to make your DVD in Burn.

3. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

In Burn I selected "DVD-Video"
    Under Burn, Preferences I went to "Video", "DVD" and changed Audio to "AC3" The rest of that pane remained unticked (I didn't want a theme)

Then i added Video "+" .m4v format which converted to mpg in "Burn temporary" folder... I then played this in VLC.... Got video, but no audio...

Since I previously wasted psychical discs, i thought it would be be better to test converted video in temp folder because that whats going to be the finished output..

I then added "Perian" and tried again,, still same result...

If I play the original in VLC, its fine... as the m4v file is hosted in iTunes as i'm using it for Home sharing setup and that is all fine.

I did manage to do this in Windows, but i prefer to do this next time in Burn on Mac.

Attached Files:

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I've just tried an m4v file with AC3 audio and it worked OK. Have you tried it with mp2 audio?

5. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

Yes,, i've tried MP2 as well, same issue..

I am running MacOS Sierra...

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Perhaps it's Sierra then? I'm still on El Capitan.