Cowboom Used iMac is really nice!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by panzer06, Feb 4, 2011.

1. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I received my $679 Cowboom.com iMac 7,1 2.4 320GB iMac 24" with ATI HD2600 GPU today. I figured at that price I could risk getting a lemon and send it back if necessary. No Keyboard, mouse, manuals, disks or anything -- not even a power cord. Just the iMac encased in a huge box filled with bubble wrap!

It had a couple of physical blemishes on the Aluminum case but the screen is perfect and instead of the 1GB quoted it came with 4GB. Nice bonus.

I promptly dismantled it and put the 1TB drive I removed from the newer iMac I have. Booted fine and works perfectly. This is a perfect machine for my other office. With dropbox no more using the MBP unless I'm on the road.

Great deals with decent specs.

http://www.cowboom.com/search/results.cfm?keywords=apple+imac

Just thought I'd share if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

2. iMaccore2 macrumors regular

That website looks pretty good-I might pick up a macbook to complement my iMac 7,1 2.0. Prices seem competitive with eBay prices. Do you think a macbook would come with a power cord or are they all no accessories?

3. panzer06 thread starter macrumors 68030

panzer06

When you select the unit you want they offer a selection of used systems. Some are complete, some come with partial to no accessories.

Cheers,