cox dvr.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IDANNY, Sep 16, 2009.

1. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

Hey I have been using directv for the last couple years. Just got an hd dvr and found out that we are going to switch to cox dvr.

Does anybody have one and have any reviews/advice?
    also does anyone now what kind of remote it has ir or rf.

I am asking because with my directv box I have it setup behind a wall and I dont need a line of sight for the remote.

Does anyone have any other ideas options for recording tv and service provider?

I am located in las vegas nv.

Does anybody have any experience with dish network?
    :D:D
    Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

2. gmanterry macrumors regular

gmanterry

I had DirecTV and I now have Cox.

The Cox DVR sux. It would be ok if you hadn't erperienced the DirecTV TIVO. On DirecTV you can search for lots of things. No searches at all on Cox. Also the schedule for the Cox box is for one week only. Like I said, if you weren't spoiled by the TIVO it would be a lot more tolerable.

Tha's my two cents.

Terry

3. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

what about dish network? I see that they have dvr's. But they do it a bit differently.

Does anyone here have moxi?

4. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Wish I would've seen this thread sooner, huh.

Well, basically, Dish's DVR is awesome. It has basically unlimited time limit of future recordings (Meaning, you set it to every new episode, and it'll do it for a long LONG time. I've had mine set on the first episode of Lost Season 4 and it will record all of Season 5 for me, that's a year).
    I don't know about searches, but I mean, this DVR is awesome. It has everything I need. Only thing it doesn't have (And I don't know since I haven't had anything else) is that I can't change the channel while something's recording.