Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
In single-user mode, please explain the command to navigate to the contents of
/Volumes/"Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/contents/EssentialSystemSoftware/Contents/EssentialSystemSoftwareGroup/contents/BaseSystem.pkg/contents/bin

in order to cp the sh file to /volumes/Macintosh\ HD/bin

I don't want to run any of the various installers, just cp a file from the contents.

Last edited:

Jagardn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
In single-user mode, please explain the command to navigate to the contents of
/Volumes/"Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/contents/EssentialSystemSoftware/Contents/EssentialSystemSoftwareGroup/contents/BaseSystem.pkg/contents/bin

in order to cp the sh file to /volumes /Macintosh HD/bin

I don't want to run any of the various installers, just cp a file from the contents.

Everything in single user mode is CASE SENSITIVE also, any spaces have to be escaped like this "/Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install"

Basically the syntax is...
cp source destination
I don't see a reference to a script file anywhere in your path, but it would look something like this
"cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/contents/EssentialSystemSoftware/Contents/EssentialSystemSoftwareGroup/contents/BaseSystem.pkg/contents/bin/script.sh /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/bin"

That is assuming your script name is script.sh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.