cPanel/WHM for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by EvanLugh, Oct 22, 2009.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Hey all.
    I was wondering if anyone was developing an application to remotely use cPanel and WHM backend (?).
    There is a version out by OllieKett - although i have looked at reviews and it seems a bit sketchy, especially for $5USD.

Are there any other apps out there? Preferably on the app store too.
    Regards

2. amorya macrumors 6502

Way back in the day I wrote a theming engine for cpanel. I guess with that someone could make an iphone theme. (Beware, coded by my 16 year old self about 7 years ago. No idea if it still works!)

Amorya

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

There is an app on the Jailbreak app store that does this, no idea why they didn't write an official app as you would think it would be something you could accomplish within the official SDK.

I have been contemplating looking into writing one myself but that is just a pie in the sky idea right now.

4. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Hi. Thanks yeah, that's the one i mentioned in the original post. I did a bit of research on the developer for my security as i didn't trust the app. I got enough information so that if anything happens i know who to go to, lol.

I might just make an official one

5. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

Maybe its because of AppStore rejections. PdaNet was submitted to AppStore and got rejected, then it landed in Cydia.

6. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

PDA Net is a very different application that allows tethering and hence is clearly against app store policy where a cPanel/WHM app should be able to be done within the rules.

7. fmalekpour macrumors newbie

8. johnkaran macrumors newbie

9. dcwebhost macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm currently using HostU for managing my WHM account. The app requires you to do a few things before you are able to connect directly to your server. There's a free version and a paid version (with more functionalities) HostU Lite and HostU.

You can also visit their site for instructions DWAPPU

10. mihird macrumors newbie

cPanel iPhone

Guys,

You may want to try HostCP for cPanel management.

It uses cPanel official API and directly communicates with your host.

One promo code for early bird - XKJ39AKPK6YM :)
    (enter this promo code while purchasing app, to receive free copy)

Your valuable reviews would be highly appreciated...

Regards,
    Mihir

PS : From the developer :apple:

11. sebasx macrumors member

Hi,

I would like present WHM Client for iPad

Soon will be avaliable iPhone version of this app, actually waiting to approval from AppStore

Also on few days You can download from our account Plesk Client for iPhone/iPad and DirectAdmin Client for iPhone/iPad

This app is full reflection of functionality available through the Web. We also add some innovative option

12. dwappu macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

We've just submitted a new version for both HostU Lite and HostU (ver 1.5).

For HostU we've included some cpanel functions (Email,FTP and Domains (addone/parked/subdomain)), allowing you to manage your clients cpanel account with just one app. Coming very soon at the Apple App store.

Thanks!

13. sebasx macrumors member

Hi,

As promised - WHM Client for iPhone is avaliable from now on AppStore

Please review

Regards

14. sebasx macrumors member

WHM Client for iPhone/iPad app

Welcome,

we present lighter and cheaper version of our WHM Client for iPhone/iPad app. This version is lighter than 10MB so can be download with 3G connection. This app support many host and have fixed bugs from WHM Client app (which was sended as updates). WHM Lite show results on WebView local interface so is more stable and faster than previous app. WHM Lite better solve problems with Internet connection.

Link to WHM Lite for iPhone

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whm-lite-for-iphone/id492074392?ls=1&mt=8

Link to WHM Lite for iPad

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whm-lite-for-ipad/id492545705?ls=1&mt=8

We have promocodes fot both apps

15. sebasx macrumors member

Hello,

updated, version 2.0 is avaliable from now. Some bugs was fixed. App works better for users with not-root access to WHM (resellers accounts). App work without any indirect server, so if You use any IP protection on Your server, You can use our app without fear. We have also free promo codes for this app. Someone want?