cpo hot when conected to Magsafe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itsmed, Jun 23, 2009.

1. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

hi my cpu gets hot when magsafe connected. it is very hot on the side of the magsafe. is this normal :confused:

and i meant cpu not cpo sorry :mad:

2. cababah macrumors 68000

Are you sure that is not just due to the proximity of that physical part of your computer to the battery compartment area?

CPU temp should not change while charging.

3. Anaxarxes macrumors regular

Are you sure it's your CPU? Battery might get warm while charging as well as the magsafe connector area...

How do you know it's your CPU that gets hot?

4. itsmed thread starter macrumors regular

itsmed

when im charging my cpu is around 80 and when not charging its 50. i only have my mbp from last friday.

5. cababah macrumors 68000

Is it normal for the computer itself to be warm near the area where it is charging? Of course.

Is it normal for your CPU to increase in workload/temperature while charging only? No.

6. itsmed thread starter macrumors regular

itsmed

is there any way of doing a system check to make sure everything working ok :confused:

7. jdaco6 macrumors regular

In my honest and rather cynical opinion. I think apple does have issues with the magsafe's in particularly the ones on the Unibodys, which would explain the lack of response and the 'In que' reply from my apple agent.

I think that you should print out this evidence via a screen shot, call apple and send the screen shots when asked to their hardware department.

My Magsafe adaptor and edge of my laptop was on fire only yesterday so this is something that needs to be taken very seriously.

8. jdaco6 macrumors regular

That is odd to say the least.

9. MrZebra macrumors regular

I think it's odd. My mbp under charge only gets hotter by 5 celsius degrees.