CPU at Low score .. Why?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EthosX, Jul 27, 2012.

1. EthosX macrumors regular

Hi guys
    I have fresh installed windows 7 64 on my macbook pro but the system seems to be laggy
    I made score index windows and it is alarming why cpu is so low?

[​IMG]

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Not sure what you expect, it's a pretty old C2D.

3. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

It's a Core 2 Duo. They're not quite as old as the ark, but not far off. It's like asking why your Ford Model T is slow, even though you put a spoiler and racing stripes on it.

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

5. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

Seriously though, a fresh install can be slow when it's indexing the drive. Windows has something much like Spotlight - just press the Windows key and start typing, it works the same as Cmd+Space. Just like Spotlight, it takes time to index the drive to begin with, and it's slow until it's done. It will likely also be installing a huge pile of updates.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

7. Queen6, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

In the tech world only one response "Ancient History" the 2012 Mac`s are running at "Light Speed" compared to this; I know I have Early 2008, Late 2011 and Retina, you will do little with software to improve these numbers, you want a faster Mac time to visit the Apple Store :apple:

32bit Geek Test
    MacBook (Early 2008) Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2400 MHz (2 cores) 3159

MacBook Pro (Retina) Intel Core i7-3615QM 2300 MHz (4 cores) 10797 :eek:

8. EthosX thread starter macrumors regular

It is not through nothing it is clean install from cd
    And other guys above dont tell me this is normal ..
    I have fujitsu siemens with same merom and it IS only T7200 2Gig and score is 5.0 so how u can talk rubbish? Gavk2k!
    This is c2d 7700 u guys above seems u have no knowledge..at all
    The cpu is running on half from soe strange reason .. 1200

9. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

If you're going to come here and ask a question, it's not in your best interest to insult the people who are trying to help- it may very well drive away other people who want to help.

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Then I would say your not running all of the updates to windows because if you were the score lowers as newer processor lines come out!

11. Queen6, Jul 27, 2012

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Here`s a clue if you want the best benchmark results under Windows go buy yourself a nice PC notebook, better still a desktop. If you want to kickass, have the best of both words buy a 2012 Mac :cool:

Of course theres always Acer :p your running an old machine, deal with it .........

12. ilgreatluigi macrumors member

This is the best post I've read all day.

13. EthosX thread starter macrumors regular

what u talking rubbish about insulting ?? dont brace yourself by girly excuse OMG insulted .. like gasy .. adimt and be man jeezz

----------

that HAS nothing to do with cpu speed at all.. win updates..

----------

fakinhell instead of solving problem u talking such crap here .. buy yourself a PC .. WTH? is this answer ?? how do u know if I have normal PC or not?
    fok sake I am trying sort out THIS problem NOT other laptops problems..
    christ .. people what is going on with you

14. korbearus10, Jul 27, 2012

korbearus10 macrumors member

@EthosX: We're all trying to have a civil discussion here. Be respectful to other posters even if you don't agree with their input. You came here to hear other people's opinions and they might be right or wrong.

Now, with regards to the score, you're right that the WEI score should not change. There is a bit of misinformation out there that the score will change as technology improves [source]. In reality, the upper limit for the score will increase to accommodate the newer hardware. According to this chart your CPU should score about 5.5, but this may be affected by whether you're on battery power and if the processing power is capped under windows settings. But again, I don't think it's the latter, and I kind of doubt the former will affect it that much.

Is it lagging that much more than the fujitsu, or is it only the score you're concerned about, because the score can be affected by the processes running while you're doing the WEI test.

15. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Just how do you expect to resolve this issue, your hardware is outdated, your bench testing on a platform that system can run, yet is not native to the hardware, drivers maybe less than optimal, and or a myriad of system settings that we have no detail about. Commonsense dictates that you should bench-test the machine under OS X, if the results are average you therefore have no issue with your hardware or are just trying to make it difficult for yourself...

Update OS X, update Windows, close all non essential processes this is the obvious solution, if your score is still less than your expectation, it is what it is, a super computer it is not. Your antagonistic responses are going nowhere to help your cause...

16. Tubamajuba, Jul 27, 2012

Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Insinuating that the people who tried to help you don't know what they're talking about is insulting.

I don't know why you're trying to make this into something it's not- it has nothing to do with "being a man" or whatever you were trying to say. It's about having the common courtesy to respect people who are taking time out of their lives to try to help you solve a problem that you're requesting help with.

Now let's be civil, alright?

Anyways, click the battery icon in your taskbar and make sure the power setting is on "High performance". This causes the processor to run at its highest performance setting and should help with your rating- I forget to do this sometimes after I install a fresh copy of Windows, and the difference is noticeable.

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Macbooks aren't necessarily the same thing as a computer genuinely set up for Windows. Bootcamp drivers are not always well optimized, and it still uses an emulated bios. In this case the drivers may not work well with the current W7 service pack, but I'm not 100% sure.

To compensate for the older graphics, I would suggest turning off Aero. That should kill some of the perceived lag.

18. EthosX, Jul 27, 2012

EthosX thread starter macrumors regular

OK Guys am sorry !
    I just I was pissed of but I already solved my problem ..
    The apple had implemented and enabled technology called IDA
    Intel dynamc acceleration
    in reality ors cpus runs with one core when u on internet so second core is off ..
    and once you start play games second core will enable ..

BusGV is another technology to protect cpu .. the speeds are balancing I ca ged rid of it as well
    Another thing is there is GPU as well and it is even hotter than CPU .. need to find some downclocking for GPUs
    I have used throttle stop progam and now it is fine .. I had to obviously find and intall fan control software cos once IDA is off the second core is enabled and laptop is so so hot that u can make an egg on bottom case !!
    so here it is :

[​IMG]

19. ryane67 macrumors member

good to know, i figured something had to be wrong because my 2008 dell xps with a core 2 duo scores a 5.5 on CPU.

20. EthosX thread starter macrumors regular

Which model ?

21. ryane67 macrumors member

xps 1530, I want to say the CPU is either a T6400 or a T6600

22. EthosX thread starter macrumors regular

aaa ! you see? even older an you said u have 5.5
    But now as I turned off single IDA I have now 6.0

23. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I find it odd that you had to install something to enable the second core in Windows. I'm running a newer CPU, an Intel Core 2 Duo P8700, and I score a 6.2 without any tweaks.

Do you have all of the bootcamp drivers installed?

24. EthosX thread starter macrumors regular

Hi
    yes I instaled whole package what I downloaded when I had osx via bootcamp ..
    about 650mb are there any other ?

25. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

No that should be everything.