CPU info and Version Info

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by satyam90, Sep 6, 2007.

1. satyam90 macrumors regular

satyam90

Hi,

1. Can anyone tell me how to get CPU info on MAC.
    2. I would like to know what is the version of the application I installed? Just like knowing rpm version on linux.
    3. Where can I get the keyboard shortcuts on MAC. All shortcuts including Safari, iPhoto, iChat etc.

Regards,
    Satyam.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

What do you want to know? There are dozens of different utilities for all kinds of info.

Personally I use CoreDuoTemp to monitor the CPU temperature of my CPU and MenuMeters to see their workload (plus network traffic).
    Find the .app file (eg. cmd-click the Dock icon if it's running (or resides there) or just browse the Applications folder and single-click the application you want info on) and hit cmd-I to get the Info window for that application. Version is under the General tab.
    System preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts (where you can see most system shortcuts and change them/set new ones also for applications), the application specific ones you may need to hunt around for, I don't think I've ever seen a complete list... but the basic once are more or less the same from app to app and you should be able to learn most from just browsing the application menu on the apps you use the most...

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Also, its Mac not MAC, subtle difference.

4. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Its all in System Profiler.

Not as detailed as say, CPU-Z but it will do the job.