CPU temp and fan speed stay high for no apparent reasons

Discussion in 'macOS' started by d4q1n, Jul 8, 2012.

1. d4q1n, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012

d4q1n macrumors newbie

my os x 10.6.8 is having problems with constant high temp [between 77° to 85°] and fan speed [5000 to 6200rpm] for no apparent reasons. checking the activity monitor, i am suspecting three processes, whose cpu usages jump around between less than 1% to 7-10%, might relate to my problem. i attached screenshots of typical instances in the activity monitor. one showing the CPU label at the bottom and the other System Memory.

my macbook pro 13' has two drives: a samsung 830 128G SSD and a momentus XT 500GB. the OS resides on the SSD and the other files on the 500GB. I did a re-indexing of both drives by dragging them in and out of the privacy list in spotlight preference, but to no avail.

i installed sparrow (uninstalled afterwards), soundcloud, folx just before i have the problem. maybe these programs contribute to this?

i really have no idea what is causing the problem and can use any hep and advice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your images don't load. Did you sort by CPU? 1-10% CPU should not result in the temperatures you describe.

3. d4q1n thread starter macrumors newbie

problem solved the miniute i uninstalled version cue cs3. :mad::mad: