Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Hi all,

I just bought a 13" Haswell Macbook Air and this thing screams. I tried downloading a few temperature monitoring software (istat pro, hardware monitor, temperature monitor), but all of them say the computer is "too new". iStat pro gives temperatures of heatsinks and external casing but not the CPU.

Can anyone direct me to some software to accurately monitor my CPU temps? Or is it a simple case of letting developers update the software for the new chips (Haswell?)

Any input is appreciated.

lshirase

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
Hi all,

I just bought a 13" Haswell Macbook Air and this thing screams. I tried downloading a few temperature monitoring software (istat pro, hardware monitor, temperature monitor), but all of them say the computer is "too new". iStat pro gives temperatures of heatsinks and external casing but not the CPU.

Can anyone direct me to some software to accurately monitor my CPU temps? Or is it a simple case of letting developers update the software for the new chips (Haswell?)

I use Temperature Gauge.

Appledreamer

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Belfast
Hi all,

you might want to check your machine is not faulty or your running something in back ground, i have had my 2013 i5/128/4gb haswell air for a week or more and i have not had the fan come on even once on me. it does not get warm.

i only use it for mail, itunes, iMessage, skype, iPhoto editing, videos, youtube, etc, not once has the fan been on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.