CPU Usage with MacRumors?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by jonbravo77, Mar 21, 2009.

1. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Hi all. My paid subscription to MR expired the other day and I have noticed that when I am using forum spy my CPU usage for Safari is around 4-15% not bad... But when I go to a specific thread that has the ads my CPU for Safari jumps to like 110-120%. I am using Safari 4 Beta. Anyone have any ideas, is it just the ads that are doing it? Is this a sign that I should renew my subscription to MR and shut up? Just curious,

Thanks

EDIT*** it doesn't happen with every thread I look at.

2. kabunaru Guest

Could be a Safari 4 problem. It is a beta by the way.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Being back at home for spring break and therefore back to macrumors I've noticed a few times in the last few days when having MR open makes scrolling jerky and Firefox laggy in general...:confused: Haven't really been on since Christmas so I don't have much to judge against, though.

4. jonbravo77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I'm keeping in mind that it's a Beta and for the last year I have had no ads due to the subscription. I was just wondering if anyone had noticed this on their machines that might not have had a subscription..

Thanks for the input all... Appreciate it

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

hmm i haven't noticed more than 5-10% power EVER on the site on either of my machines. which are both running Safari 4 Beta - the mac mini is running Tiger and the UMB is running Leopard.

did this happen with safari 3?

7. jonbravo77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

It didn't seem to, but I also had the paid subscription so no ads. An my memory sucks so I don't really know if it did or not...