Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pittster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
UK
Is there anyone who had a CPW/O2 iPhone who wanted to port their old number across and has done so successfully??

Activated the iPhone on the 10th and entered in the 'generic' PAC that was printed at the bottom of the terms and conditions paperwork given to me in the shop.

O2 are saying this PAC is incorrect and will not port the number, CPW are insisting it IS correct.

Am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The iPhone now is not working at all (temp number has been deactivated), and my old phone number is still on my old phone....

:(

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Is there anyone who had a CPW/O2 iPhone who wanted to port their old number across and has done so successfully??

Activated the iPhone on the 10th and entered in the 'generic' PAC that was printed at the bottom of the terms and conditions paperwork given to me in the shop.

O2 are saying this PAC is incorrect and will not port the number, CPW are insisting it IS correct.

Am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The iPhone now is not working at all (temp number has been disactivated), and my old phone number is still on my old phone....

:(
You have my sympathy. I didn't get my iPhone from CPW (got it from the Apple Store) but I've still had numerous problems porting my old number even though I was ready with the PAC Code from day one.

The online activation process wouldn't accept any porting because of a glitch in the system so I had to call O2 on several occasions on the evening of the 9th of November, only to be told (eventually) that the correct department was closed for the weekend. Last Monday I called back and supplied my PAC Code. I was told that the transfer would take place on Friday. On Friday nothing happened, so I had to wait another weekend until today. When I called this morning, they seemed a bit vague about the whole thing, but then promised it would happen today.

Well, my old number went offline about three hours ago and my iPhone is now offline too. Perhaps that means I'm about to have the process finalised. Perhaps not! :mad:

pittster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
UK
well I wont bore you all with the number of people I've spoken to in the last couple of hours.

Suffice to say it would appear that O2 have been talking out of their ar**s, the generic PAC is correct (according to CPW!!), however I'm sure if I phoned O2 now they would still insist it's incorrect.

As we speak now my old Blackberry (with the number I want to keep) is inactive and the iPhone (with temp number) has now been reactivated...

God knows what'll happen next :confused:

wavazey

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
pittster,

In regards to your original question, i bought my iphone on the 9th Nov from cpw and was told today that the transfer would take place today and it has.

Hope you get it all sorted

pittster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
UK
pittster,

In regards to your original question, i bought my iphone on the 9th Nov from cpw and was told today that the transfer would take place today and it has.

Ok thanks for that.
to clarify... when you activated the phone on iTunes, did you use this 'generic' PAC that was issued by CPW?

fiftydollarshoe

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
pittster,

to force the "port" you have to turn off the iPhone (full power-off) let it sit for a couple of hours then turn it back on again and let it re-register with the network.... you cannot leave both phones on waiting for the port..... it doesn't work that way........

pittster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
UK
it would take far too long to cover the 7 phone calls I have made between O2 and CPW tonight, both companies say that they are right and the other wrong:confused:
I ended up getting CPW to phone O2 directly to try and sort it out.

Currently my Blackberry (with my number I want to keep) is offline and has been for 3 hrs and the iPhone is working again with the temp number....

the saga continues.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
it would take far too long to cover the 7 phone calls I have made between O2 and CPW tonight, both companies say that they are right and the other wrong:confused:
I ended up getting CPW to phone O2 directly to try and sort it out.

Currently my Blackberry (with my number I want to keep) is offline and has been for 3 hrs and the iPhone is working again with the temp number....

the saga continues.
Keep bugging them until they give in. It's totally unacceptable that you should suffer because these two companies can't get their act together!

wavazey

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
pittster,

yes i did have to enter the generic PAC code into itunes when activating to port my number across.

Good luck getting it sorted

fiftydollarshoe

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Keep bugging them until they give in. It's totally unacceptable that you should suffer because these two companies can't get their act together!

I purchased at CPW and my number ported 5 days after activation as stated........ worked a charm........ what a phone ! or is it a phone ?

3dred

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
O2 Nightmare!
Gave them my PAC code on the 3rd, my old T-mobile number was ported over 9 days ago on the 8th but has been stuck in limbo and therefore is unusable since.
I have been told activation of that number would be:
on the 9th I was told within 24 hrs
on the 10th I was told within 48 hours
on the 11th within 2 hours, later that day told by the next morning
on the 14th within half an hour (turn you phone off now and I will do it now myself!)
on the 16th probably that day certainly within 24 hours
Today (17th) could be about another 5 days!!! ( & there is nothing they can do to speed it up).
That will take it up to 21 days from giving them my PAC code! (& 13 without my phone number)
I was also told today that all of the previous promises could not and would not have been made because they have no record of them.
I am a freelance designer & depend on that number to get work. This sucks.
Could get angry soon.
(If only I didn't love my iPhone so much)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.