CPW taking instore reservations before the 11th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lucas44, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Lucas44 macrumors member

Has anyone experienced CPW taking reservations for the iphone 3G instore before today. i was number 6 in the queue this morning but by the time they opened the doors and the first customer asked for a 16gb, he was told that the 9 16gb models they had, were all reserved for customers that had put their names on a list earlier in the week.

i thought the retail store launch was a strict first come first served basis but apparently my local CPW had a reservations list running. to top it off the person second in the queue had 2 16gb models reserved and they were going to give both to him until the first chap got very angry. now i know for sure that it should be one per customer.

were CPW allowed to do this and did any other branches do this? one thing i know for sure is that CPW are never getting another penny from me again, even if i have to wait months for an iphone from o2.

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

was probably for staff and 'friends and family' wink wink.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Follow it up, if CPW had a policy of no reservations. the store needs to be informed, and taken up about it if you're concerned.