CPW (UK) Who is still on phase one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajthomason, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Right,

I, with the rest of you, tried to pre-order the iPhone 3G from O2 on Monday and failed (no 16GBs left by the time their website would let me in), so had to resort to the Carphone Warehouse.

With all the reports of people receiving emails about dispatch, I am getting a little worried! I have had no such email and according to my online tracking, the order is still in phase one (of three).

I've phoned up twice, once to their 0870 number to have to wait 10 mins for a man who could not care less and did not even check the status, then to their 0845 and was instantly connected to a guy who happily checked for me and told me "It has definitely been ordered" and that is all he could say. There are loads of reports of people phoning to be told that their credit card had been declined etc, so I thought that I would check - but there seems to be no such problem here.

Is anyone else stuck on phase one, and have not received an email from CPW about dispatch?

For the record, I've ordered a 16GB to be delivered to my house.

2. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

Same here. Exactly same still in stage 1. I have emailed them asking what is happening, no reply yet. I can't get through on the phone to them. I've noticed some who ordered at 7pm have had emails . I ordered a 16gb just before 4pm on Monday, had the 2 standard emails after ordering and nothing since.

3. BouncinDave macrumors member

BouncinDave

Same boat here.

Emailed them on Tuesday, was told later on that their email system has been 'turned off' because of too many people emailing.

So this morning I rang, and got told that I had a reference number, and all my details were there, but no order. Was told I would receive an email this evening... Still nothing.

Gonna ring again tomorrow, and if they don't sort it there and then I'm gonna cancel and try my luck in the store on Friday!

4. saber45 macrumors member

I was stuck on stage 1 then i phoned them today and asked if this was right. I was told my address was down wrong and he changed it for me and 20 minutes later it was on stage 2.

Basically, if you are on Stage 1 still then something is probably wrong with your order. Mine was sorted at 11am today and even then i could not be garunteed and iphone for friday.

5. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I figured, but they did not mention any problems. Did they just say when you phoned or did you have to ask them to check for something specific?

I asked if there were any problems, and they just said that there were no notes or anything.

6. PiesAndLager macrumors newbie

Confused!

Couple of questions... what is Phase One? How do I track my order?

I ordered a 16Gb iPhone from CPW and recieved 2 emails (confirmation then out of stock) plus an SMS. Bank held up my payment so I was passed over (spoke to a guy who told me this from CPW). Phoned again today and was told by the guy my order HAD gone through (payment taken) and that I WOULD be recieving my iPhone on Friday via home delivery.

I really don't know who to believe now... should I have recieved anymore emails?

7. BouncinDave macrumors member

BouncinDave

If you visit this link:
    https://www.mycarphonewarehouse.com/portal/servlet/gben-ordertrack-OrderTrack?

you can find out your status.

As for me, i didn't get an email, after being told I would... Guess another phone call tomorrow :cool:

8. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Wee tip;
    www.saynoto0870.com

Gives geographic alternative phone numbers for call centers which will be included in your mobile or house phone free calls package.

I hate paying people national rate to answer my custom - it means they are making money by being slow.

9. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, I used that the first time to give me the 0800 number, but it took me straight to sales instead of customer services, so I tried the 0870 one.

So, anyone else STILL stuck on stage one with no explanation?

10. 29twelve macrumors newbie

I'm on stage one BUT I got through to a rather helpful guy today at CPW via the 0870 number and he said that I wasn't part of the initial allocation of 4k units, they've all been allocated. But he said that they were expecting more stock tomorrow so may be able to fulfill my order then. He's agreed to call me back between 12 and 1 today to give me more info.

I'd suggest others do the same and hope for someone helpful :rolleyes:

11. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone still on phase one - phone them now and keep phoning!

On the 4th call in 3 days, I got through to an outstandingly helpful guy (the rest just said the standard response of "iPhone is not in stock so it's normal). This guy took all my details, recreated the order and whoosh... straight onto stage 2 with a message:

Seriously, demand to talk to e-sales and keep asking until someone does this for you!

12. Azaka macrumors newbie

Agree. I already responded in another thread to this but the short is, my order I placed on Monday (got confirmation email and all) did not exist on their system when I called just now. The guy replaced my order and said i can expect delivery tomorrow.

So if you are still stuck on stage 1, give them a call. There is a good chance there is something wrong with your order.

13. 29twelve macrumors newbie

I was expecting a call back from CPW but was impatient following the re-opening of CPW accepting new orders.

Surprise surprise there was something wrong with my order as I was still on stage 1. My order had 'Multiple addresses' whatever that means so the order was cancelled and a new one created (hopefully!).

The guy I spoke to said I'd get it tomorrow and will confirm to me the details when he calls me back in an hour. I'm still waiting so the pessimist in me still thinks I'll have to wait for a while but hey ho, that's life!

Got tomorrow off work so can always queue up if it comes to that!

14. witchdrash macrumors member

Call them an insist they push you through the credit check, this will highlight there is an issue with your order. It has taken me 2 days to figure out what was going on with mine, apparently they are manually entered and someone added a previous address I had never lived at, so after basically request to cancel the order and complain they deleted that order and recreated and I should be able to pick up the handset from my local CPW tomorrow.

IF you are still on Stage 1 there is a problem with your order, call up and be firm with the sales rep, I have had a couple who tried to fob me off with it's out of stock, there are helpful guys there, for those that aren't helpful tell them to push you through the credit check and go no where until they do.