.CR2 Raw in Thumbnail & Preview {SnowLeopard}

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Intense, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Intense macrumors regular

I searched the forums, the internet, did a software update, downloaded the latest Adobe Camera Raw and I am unable to preview .CR2 Raw files in my finder or through the Preview software.

Can anyone guide me to how I can preview .CR2 raw files as thumbnails in my Finder windows ?

Thanks,
    :apple:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

From which camera? Every camera produces a different .cr2 raw file (as it's the raw sensor data). I would also note that Adobe Camera Raw has nothing to do with the Finder or Preview: both of those rely on the OS-level support for raw formats. Assuming it's a fairly new camera you have to wait for an Apple raw update (or OS update). If it's an older camera that should already be supported then there is an issue.

3. Intense thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for your reply.
    It's a 5D Mark II.

I am still trying to find "plugin" of some sort, it'll help my time dramatically to have the raw files preview in the Operating System.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Very odd: it should "just work" in Snow Leopard. The 5D Mark II has been supported since 10.5.7. Are you shooting sRAW or something?

5. franz1999 macrumors member

10.6.3 cannot preview .CR2 files

Just updated to 10.6.3 and unfortunately also for me preview of my old .CR2 files doesn't work anymore. 10.5.6 had no issues showing the preview in the finder and in the Preview.app
    Does anyone know what could be the issue?