Crack in Glass

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by walshy05, May 29, 2012.

1. walshy05, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

walshy05 macrumors newbie

Ok guys I need your opinion,

I recently bought an iPhone 4S and tonight whilst looking at the phone, I have noticed a small hair line crack in the corner of the phone on the glass front, I have no idea how it happened as I can't recall dropping the phone.

What are my chances in getting a fix from apple, I mean this thing is suppose to have guerrilla glass, so how is it possible that it has developed such a small crack?
    Are there known defects with the glass?
    I have closely inspected the corner of the phone where the crack is and the is no other damage, only the crack to the glass
    I definitely have not dropped the phone on tiles or concrete, the worst is probably falling off the bed side table when grabbing it in the morning
    Do I have a case?
    I still have telephone support so I have arranged for a consultant to call me tomorrow but if you know of similar instances please let me know.

This comes on top of being fairly disappointed with the phone as it is.

Attached Files:

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Cracks are not covered, replacing with apple can be expensive, mine is cracked as well, getting it fixed this week with a local phone shop for $90.

Why disappointed with the 4s?

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

They will SOMETIMES cover a crack if it appears random and like a defect rather thn the result of a drop. I'm not saying that you dropped it. I'm saying that it is a tough case because the crack is right on the corner and they will probably say it is the result of a drop. Who knows, though. You may get a caring genius.

4. walshy05 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know they have tried to fix the battery issue with updates but I still can't go a day with out an additional recharge, which is worse than my old 3GS

Few weird bugs, like a couple of times when accessing the camera its turned off

Siri is fairly useless feature for anyone outside North America, as there is a number of features that Siri cannot search for outside of the USA, and it can be hopeless at times with my so called "Australian accent"

Having used iOS for over 2.5 years its seriously getting boring, please apple give it a refresh

Retina display is an awesome upgrade over the old 3GS, but i'm getting screen envy with so many other phones now having larger displays

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

6. walshy05 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok guys another update,

Had an applecare consultant give me a call, and when I answered the consultant couldn't hear me, he hung up, he then called me back again immediately and the same thing happened, he then hung up again, but this time he didnt call back so i'll have to reschedule again :mad: I then tried to make another call but again the person on the other end of the phone couldn't hear me either :mad:
    So I restarted the phone and called a friend and there was no issues, but what the hell is going on with phone :mad:

Also my yahoo mail isn't being pushed to the phone, where my icloud emails are.
    Also the other day my message tone wasn't playing, I had to restart the phone and then it was fine again.
    These may seem minor issues but they shouldn't happen full stop and when your having multiple issues compounding its really driving me mad

And on top of that i'm also having stupid little issues with my 2011 Macbook Air

Seriously what is going on :mad::mad::mad:
    The nearest apple store is over 350kms away, but I just want this **** to work, a lesser product and I could tolerate it, but I dont a pay premium price for these stupid little problems to occur.

7. walshy05, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

walshy05 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok another update....

Finally got onto an applecare consultant, she agreed that it must be an issue with the glass and will send me a new phone and then i'll send back this one.

But, they want $40 for express postage or I could buy applecare for $99 and I dont have to pay for the postage, which is a bit of a con, so i'v gone for applecare, even though I only plan on having this phone until the 5 comes out, but at least I come away with something that should add a little value to the phone once I sell it