Crack in White Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gazfocus, Feb 10, 2009.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I've read several times that there are known problems with the white Macbooks cracking and that's the main reason I decided to buy AppleCare but are there specific areas of the Macbook where these cracks are considered a common problem?

I have just noticed a crack about 1-2 inches long on the bottom under the left hinge (by the rubber foot) and the Macbook has never been dropped/knocked/etc. I am wondering if Apple will repair it.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You won't know for sure until you go to apple. Asking a bunch of people at macrumors won't get you a definite answer. ;)

3. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Just take it in or call Applecare and explain, they'll probably replace the case because it is a known defect unless there is other damage showing mistreatment.

luck.

~m

No , but sometimes it just helps to talk with other users before contacting Apple.
    Most of the members are here to help and offer advice alongside the fun of the 'rumor'.

4. hexagon macrumors member

Common places where I noticed cracks: bottom edge of the palm rest where the plastic strip from the display makes contact.

Bottom of the Macbook, close to the exhaust vents.