Crack on back of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by English Glory, Sep 24, 2009.

1. English Glory macrumors newbie

English Glory

Hey everyone, I've got a crack appear on the rear case of my iPhone about 5mm long, it starts from the charger socket and goes past the curve in the case, my phones always been in a leather sleeve and I only get it out when I use it and I have never dropped it, obviously it's had a few bumps while in the case but that's it. Anyway does anyone know wether or not this is covered on the warranty? Or wether the carphonewarehouse will sort it out for me? It is insured in a package I have from my bank but I wanna use that as a last resort if they let me. I can only guess the crack will get worse overtime which I really don't want being I want to sell my phone at the end of my contract. Any ideas on how to get this sorted guys and gals?

Cheers.

2. English Glory thread starter macrumors newbie

English Glory

3. svndmvn Guest

if it doesn't look like it was dropped the warranty will cover it.

4. English Glory thread starter macrumors newbie

English Glory

Not sure if any one is interested or wether or not this is a common problem but I now have another crack running alongside it also a new one from the same area running horizontally from the charger socket to the screw.

I have searched around online and see that White iPhone 3g's had this issue but haven't seen any 3gs' reported yet. Just wandering if any one else has had this problem?? Please if anyone knows can u post here so I can have some other " evidence " to try and get this resolved on the warranty.

Cheers.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Mine was replaced for the same problem. But my crack was in the same spot but very small.

6. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

Take it to a Apple Store and they will replace it as long as it is still under warranty.