Crack on lower bezel

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mackmgg, Dec 9, 2009.

1. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

There is a crack on the lower left bezel of my aluminum framed 15" MacBook Pro 3,1. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, since apple is claiming it "accidental damage" it caused the screen to short out, so now I don't have a working screen, and they have the MacBook now so I don't have any pics.

Edit: I just emailed sjobs@apple.com, we'll see what comes out of this.

2. mackmgg thread starter macrumors 65816

mackmgg

3. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Did the computer have this crack when you pulled it out of the original box?

Is it just a crack or is there a dent as well?

These things dent VERY easily, but I can't imagine they'd crack very easily. Especially without leaving a dent.

But above all - How could a crack on the lower casing cause the screen to short out?

This seems fishy to me...:confused:

I need to see some pics

4. mackmgg thread starter macrumors 65816

mackmgg

I don't have any pics, cuz apple has the computer now, and my iMac G5 isn't capable of me showing you where with photoshop. Its the bezel of the screen. A little bit higher then where it says MacBook Pro, but on the left side. It shorted the wires that go from the computer to the screen

5. mackmgg thread starter macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Well, I just got off the phone with Apple's Executive Relations, and it is going to be fixed, she looked at the photos along with previous repairs and made an exception to get the fixed!

6. mackmgg thread starter macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Its reasons like this that Apple is rated number 1 in customer satisfaction, the fact that if you email steve jobs, they have an executive relations agent help resolve the issue.