Crack proof iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thehobbybox1, Feb 4, 2012.

1. thehobbybox1 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of anywhere to go and get the iPhone 4s front and back crackproof? Like replacing the regular glass with something that wouldn't crack

2. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I don't know. I have a case and a screen protector. I know there is a place to buy glass backs for the iPhone. Be warned, though, that modifying the hardware voids your warranty.

3. Primeonly27 macrumors newbie

Maybe the next generation

Sounds like something for 5g or a military grade phone that you may never get your hands on. :apple:

4. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You could cut some of the transparent aluminum out of a window of the USS Enterprise.

Or get a case.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. roow110 macrumors regular

You essentially can't replace the front glass on your iPhone because it is glued to the screen itself, however, you can replace the back easily. You just need one screwdriver and it slides off. There are many back replacements that won't shatter including wood and aluminum backs however there isn't really a single shatter proof glass anywhere... If you want to shatterproof the front of the phone there is a new glass screen protector which should greatly increase its strength, and that coupled with say, an aluminum back would mostly shatterproof your phone