Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smickers79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I left my macbook to get the cracks on my bottom, top cases and screen bezel replaced. I received it back today all done, but when I plug the charger, it goes straight to green, and when the macbook boots up, I don't get an X in the icon, just 0% and when I hover over the icon I get "Battery not charging"

Could this be an assembly problem with the bottom case?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Make sure the battery is seated properly before doing anything else.

Then go back to the Apple repair center and explain what's happening. Sounds like maybe the charging circuit assembly was not properly hooked up when the machine was repaired with the new case and bezel. You may wind up having to leave it with them again. Make sure you speak with a supervisor and let him\her know how dissatisfied you are with the work they did. (Be polite) And ask them to give you a loaner while the machine is being repaired again.

Regards.

smickers79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Cheers for the reply.

Get this:-

When I remove the battery, the icon changes from a battery symbol at 0% to the battery with the X. Does this point to a battery or a logic board?

Glenn

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
There is a fairly fragile part that connects the logic board to the battery - apple's own repair manuals warn against rough handling with it. I would suspect that the connector either isn't seated properly in the logic board, or the part was damaged in reassembly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.