Cracked 2G iPhone screen. Time to upgrade/how? (o2)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matteh117, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Matteh117 macrumors regular

I've been meaning to "accidentally" break my iPhone to warranty spending the money on an upgrade.

Last night I dropped it on concrete. This has happened loads of times before and has a few dents/scratches from it, but this time it cracked the screen. The speaker hole has glass missing and there are several cracks down the screen. It works, but I want a new one!

I read that the O2 upgrade (pay for new iPhone, keep current contract) was only available until October... Is this true? I want to be able to walk into an O2 store and buy a new iPhone or order one off the net without paying for a new contract.

Any comments?

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You probably should have done some research before you carried out your "accident".
    ;)

3. Pennine macrumors 6502

4. Matteh117 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I should have lol!

Just got off the phone with O2 and they say I have to pay the PAYG price. Damn lol.

Ah well!

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

What you should have done was sold your non cracked iPhone on eBay and put that money toward buying a PAYG iPhone and popping your contract SIM in it.

You can probably still sell your iPhone cracked for over £100.

6. Matteh117 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah one of those things though.. ah well. I've ordered replacement glass, will just keep it until Sept when I can get a new one. Shame.