iPhone 11 Pro Cracked camera glass

nanocustoms

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Does anyone else have cracked glass on one of the rear facing cameras? I need to get another phone to take a good pic.

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
No, not at all. That doesn't seem like something that anyone would have unless they damaged the phone.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Does anyone else have cracked glass on one of the rear facing cameras?
What a strange question. Why would anyone have ‘cracked glass’ on the back of their iPhone unless it was _caused_ by them to begin with. Your post doesn’t explain anything.

Superrenz

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2018
Wiesbaden, Germany
Does anyone else have cracked glass on one of the rear facing cameras? I need to get another phone to take a good pic.
No not cracked. But I had a ton of dust under phone number one and a big scratch on the inside of the wide angle lens of 11Pro number 2...currently waiting for number 3. Hope this one is a winner.

Nana390

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
I have this problem. I dont know how it might have happened. I have not dropped my phone or anything. It is more of a scratch which causes the photos to have light distortion. I was told it is not repairable and it costs over 800 dollars to get it fixed. It is so tiny.

Attachments

Last edited:

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
I have this problem. I dont know how it might have happened. I have not dropped my phone or anything. It is more of a scratch which causes the photos to have light distortion. I was told it is not repairable and it costs over 800 dollars to get it fixed. It is so tiny. I wish I had known before spending so much money on a phone that the camera lenses are so brittle. Never again :(
They aren't brittle. Out of warranty repair for the most expensive iPhone (11 Pro Max) is $600 U.S. so apparently you must be outside the U.S.. From the photo you've provided, I don't see any crack except for a blemish on the far left of the top camera so your photos shouldn't be affected at all.. As far as never purchasing another iPhone, you gotta do what you gotta do...

Nana390

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
They aren't brittle. Out of warranty repair for the most expensive iPhone (11 Pro Max) is $600 U.S. so apparently you must be outside the U.S.. From the photo you've provided, I don't see any crack except for a blemish on the far left of the top camera so your photos shouldn't be affected at all.. As far as never purchasing another iPhone, you gotta do what you gotta do...
- - Post merged: - -

If they are not brittle, how could this have happened. I have not dropped the phone or anything. and it had a case.
it does affect the picture quality.

Attachments

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

If they are not brittle, how could this have happened. I have not dropped the phone or anything. and it had a case.
If you’re claiming you didn’t drop the phone and you mentioned it’s a ‘scratch’, then something had to come in contact with the camera lens in order for the abrasion to appear. Additionally, If you didn’t drop it, then it’s not a crack, which means something more abrasive caused the initial scratch to begin with. It’s not like it’s impossible to scratch the camera lens cover, but just because you don’t realize how the phone is damaged, doesn't mean that you can place the blame somewhere else, as somehow it was caused by your own doing.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona

I’m looking at the picture you provided on a 27 iMac zoomed in and I can’t see any crack.. Is it possible that there might be a piece of debris inside one of the lense enclosures that is causing what you see on the pictures? You said Apple inspected the phone and refused to replace it. Maybe try a different store or contact Apple support and ask for a different assessment..