Cracked Default iPhone 4 Case...Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Resist, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

So this evening I noticed that my Default case for my iPhone 4 had several cracks near the ringer mute and volume buttons. I wasn't a fan of this case in the beginning but after using it, quickly became to really like it. The thing is I don't abuse my iPhone cases and am very careful with them. So I was very surprised to find this case had acquired some cracks. I have emailed Default in the hopes they will replace it for free.

So anyone else have this issue?

[​IMG]

2. 0wnage macrumors member

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

True, but Default claims the original price of their cases are $35. And a $35 case shouldn't crack this easily.

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I reckon there just saying that to make it look like it's a great deal. All it is, is a piece of plastic with holes in. You could pick it up at a market stall for $2!

5. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

No offense, but you can't be too surprised that a case that sells for $0.01 ($4.00 after shipping) is going to crack. I ordered two of these cases and after some delayed shipping they ended up sending two extras. I used each one for about two weeks before they ended up like your picture.

You get what you pay for. Default Case = disposable case

6. obyte macrumors regular

These cases are .33/ea. They crack being put on. It's a shame because they are a nice design :(

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Default said they will replace my case for free, but that the black is back ordered. This just figures.

So today I tried using super glue to fix the crack and noticed that now the whole button inner side edge of this case has now also cracked. There is no way this is a $35 case, heck it's not even a $15 case, no matter what Default says. I'm not sure if all the holes in the case weaken it's strength or if the type of plastic Default uses is the issue. Either way, I wish they would fix it because I really like the minimalist design.

8. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I received the free replacement iPhone 4 case from Default. Looks like they toned down their wasteful shipping material, at least when shipping one case now. To bad they can't tone down their shipping prices.