Cracked Display!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Farhan Tahmid, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Farhan Tahmid macrumors newbie

Farhan Tahmid

Hello guys!

I use an iPhone 6s for almost a year. Recently my cousin threw it down to the ground violently. I picked it up and saw that the display was badly cracked. There was a hole in the right bottom side, i could easily see the speaker hardware.

Firstly, on the first day, the touch, speaker, touch id worked. Second day, touch didnt work but calls were coming. because of the touch, i couldnt answer it.

Secondly, on the third day, the calls were coming but the sounds were not. vibration worked. but i felt that it became slow to unlock and to lock. sounds were coming late.

Now, i wanna fix it up. i saw in apple website that display could be fixed. i guess there are a lot more problems and cracks inside. Besides i dont have an apple store in my country Bangladesh, south Asia. All i have is some authorised shops.

I dont know whether it will be fixed or not. Please tell me the cost and ways to fix it. i dont have AppleCare.

Attached Files:

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Is the phone otherwise damaged? Bent or anything like that? If all the damage is on the screen they will be able to replace the screen.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Throw your cousin down on the ground. When his phone pops out of his pocket, grab it. Problem solved......

4. arftech99 macrumors regular

arftech99

You need to whup your cousins arse but I'm not advocating violence. :D

5. Gr81MB macrumors 6502

Gr81MB

6. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

You should be, maybe an ass whooping will quickly mature him.

7. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Have your cousin pay the repair bills or buy you another one

8. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

$329-349 https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/other

9. KingCoffee macrumors member

KingCoffee

You can order a 3rd party replacement screen and do it yourself. I've done this 4 or 5 times. Just take your time and pay attention to which screws you take out along the way and keep them organized before you start putting them all back. Not difficult to do if you're patient.

10. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

A third party screen is inferior and it's about the same price as from Apple. Especially for a 6S. I've fixed them and I wouldn't do it for my phone they always crack easier.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As mentioned. If its only the screen, its $99. If there is any body damage as well, it will be $329.