Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farhan Tahmid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2016
Chittagong, Bangladesh
Hello guys!

I use an iPhone 6s for almost a year. Recently my cousin threw it down to the ground violently. I picked it up and saw that the display was badly cracked. There was a hole in the right bottom side, i could easily see the speaker hardware.

Firstly, on the first day, the touch, speaker, touch id worked. Second day, touch didnt work but calls were coming. because of the touch, i couldnt answer it.

Secondly, on the third day, the calls were coming but the sounds were not. vibration worked. but i felt that it became slow to unlock and to lock. sounds were coming late.

Now, i wanna fix it up. i saw in apple website that display could be fixed. i guess there are a lot more problems and cracks inside. Besides i dont have an apple store in my country Bangladesh, south Asia. All i have is some authorised shops.

I dont know whether it will be fixed or not. Please tell me the cost and ways to fix it. i dont have AppleCare.

Attachments

• 20160916_013729.jpg
    20160916_013729.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 344

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Is the phone otherwise damaged? Bent or anything like that? If all the damage is on the screen they will be able to replace the screen.

KingCoffee

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
You can order a 3rd party replacement screen and do it yourself. I've done this 4 or 5 times. Just take your time and pay attention to which screws you take out along the way and keep them organized before you start putting them all back. Not difficult to do if you're patient.

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
You can order a 3rd party replacement screen and do it yourself. I've done this 4 or 5 times. Just take your time and pay attention to which screws you take out along the way and keep them organized before you start putting them all back. Not difficult to do if you're patient.
A third party screen is inferior and it's about the same price as from Apple. Especially for a 6S. I've fixed them and I wouldn't do it for my phone they always crack easier.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
As mentioned. If its only the screen, its $99. If there is any body damage as well, it will be $329.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.