Cracked iPhone 4 screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lopinc, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Lopinc macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I just cracked my iPhone 4's screen. Had one since launch day... :( I have been reading through the forums and apparently with the new AppleCare+ service, I won't be able to get the famous "one time courtesy" replacement. Has anyone tried to get one replaced after the introduction of AppleCare+? I've had very bad experiences with iphones (6 different replacements for manufacturer defects) and maybe that can get one of the geniuses to help me out? I'm still a loyal Apple fan so 200 dollars won't be much of a problem, I'd just rather not spend them right now.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Well if it's a 4, AppleCare+ doesn't apply here. I would make an appointment and just ask what you need to do to get it fixed. They may just swap you out right there on the spot. If not, all you get is a no. No harm done.

Just don't go in there all crappy and demanding. It won't get you anywhere. Be cool and calm.

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

yeah., I would think they would do it. It may cost money though :(

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

If you are out of warranty (as I suspect you are since you said you are a user since the initial launch of the iPhone 4) you could also try a 3rd party repair service.

In my area, there are cell repair shops that will fix a cracked screen for $100 (or less). That could save you some money over getting a full replacement from Apple for $200.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

It may fall under the out-of-warranty replacement program, and if I remember right the current cost is $150 for an iphone4 (price dropped from $200 with the 4S introduction). See Apple Support for details.

6. Lopinc thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm actually under normal AppleCare right now until June 24, 2011! I hope it works out and I don't have to pay 200... I'll be cool when I go to the Apple Store (I know the procedure haha I've done it 6 times...) Thanks for the replies!

7. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

$149 for replacement. No coverage. No exceptions. That trial period is over.

8. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can't you do it yourself?