Cracked iPhone 5 Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crizza0309, Mar 28, 2013.

1. crizza0309 macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2008
    So i cracked my screen and its $250 to fix it. I havent brought it to apple yet, but is there anyway they will give me a new one for free? Like does a cracked screen void the warranty, because I was thinking of maybe saying my phone keeps crashing and freezing and maybe they will give me a new one? This is also my second iPhone with them my first iPhone 5 the lock button had a manufature defect and they replaced it.
  2. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2013
    Take responsibility for yourself, man. No, you won't be getting a new free phone. You should have gotten AppleCare+, but since you didn't, you're screwed and won't be able to get a new phone for less than, I believe, $229 for an out-of-warranty replacement.
  3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2009
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Man up and tell the truth. How happy are you going to be with yourself when you know that you're a liar and a cheater? :(
  4. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2013
  5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Pay for your mistakes instead of trying to pull a scam.
    Be more careful next time or use a good protective case.
  6. maliu macrumors 6502a

Jun 24, 2010
    Doesn't matter what you tell them. The screen is cracked. It's out of warranty. $229 for a replacement. Cheaper than a screen and it has a warranty. Replacing the screen will leave you with no Apple warranty.