Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mcfire12

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Well I finally cracked an iPhone screen after years of never doing it, it finally happened to me. My iPhone 6 won't be here for another 3 weeks. I'm supposed to ship back this thing for the $200 credit, i'm sure that isn't going to fly anymore. I really don't think I can deal with this screen for 3 weeks. What are my options?

On a side note, I'll definitely have to look into getting a better case for the new phone. I had a super thin chincy case on the 5 when I broke the screen.

Any suggestions on what to do here?

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Well I finally cracked an iPhone screen after years of never doing it, it finally happened to me. My iPhone 6 won't be here for another 3 weeks. I'm supposed to ship back this thing for the $200 credit, i'm sure that isn't going to fly anymore. I really don't think I can deal with this screen for 3 weeks. What are my options?

On a side note, I'll definitely have to look into getting a better case for the new phone. I had a super thin chincy case on the 5 when I broke the screen.

NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. You can still make and receive calls so it's not the end of the world. Siri will be your new best friend.

Your 6 will be in your hands in 1 or 2 weeks. When I ordered I was told October 14th, but just yesterday Fedex attempted delivery, that's a full two weeks before, so it's not worth it to get a new phone for 1 or 2 weeks

Sell your 5 on ebay ofr parts, the trade in value won't be more than $50

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014

Is this with AppleCare or no?

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
No applecare. I have insurance on the phone though

Damn. This makes me happy about my decision to get AppleCare+.

I have the mobile insurance only for theft/loss. Figure if I'm gonna have a 128GB 6+ I better make sure I cover all my bases.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
When my son cracked his screen we added a cheap screen protector. It worked well until he was able to exchange his phone through AppleCare +.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.