Cracked iWork software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by daniel767, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel767 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I recently purchased the new 2011 MBP and a friend provided me with a cracked, full version of iWork which was installed as normal and required a serial number which worked successfully.
    My MBP is now telling me that there are software updates available for it however I was wondering if anyone knows if I perform the software update will my version no longer work (i.e. will apple know I did not buy the product and it won't let me use iWork anymore)?

Thanks
    Daniel

2. simsaladimbamba

That is not really a cracked software you use, as cracking software involves cracking.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Yes, I'm going to make a moral judgement - if you've just bought a $1200+ computer surely you can afford the $60 to get the three iWork apps from the App Store. If it's tapped out your bank account, wait a few weeks and save up for it.

You're pirating software. Don't.

4. daniel767 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry I should re-word what I originally said,
    The software isn't cracked, I was given the software and a serial number, I presume my friend bought the software and gave me a serial number to use however I did not purchase it and I do not have the installation disks available to me anymore, all I was wondering is if I were to update the software would I need the disks to hand and if I did not purchase the software would this matter.
    I am a student in the UK and I understand the MBP is expensive and the software in comparison is a negligible amount of money however I purchased this following a LONG time saving up and as I have no income except that for living costs I was glad to get some free software, I am not in the business of stealing software or piracy.
    I was advised to come to these forums for help and advice from other Mac users, I didn't expect hostility and rudeness...

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's completely different from your original statement, which wasn't ambiguous at all:
    There are some who would consider violating forum rules or pirating software to be hostile and rude.

6. plinden, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I'm trying really hard not to display real hostility and rudeness. What do you expect when you talk about "cracked" software?

This is what you do. Go to http://www.apple.com/uk/iwork/ and download the 30 day trial. Decide on which of the three apps is most important to you. Set aside 80p a day. At the end of the 30 day trial purchase the app from the App Store. Repeat for each of the next two months.

Or buy one less pint a day at the pub and you'll be able to get the whole suite in less than a month.

7. daniel767 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I say a 'cracked' version because I don't know if he paid for it or not, and I didn't pay for it, my choice of words, i admit, was not very good!
    I apologize to all those who really hold the rules of these forums so close to their hearts. I don't however believe I have broken the rules but if you feel otherwise I hope my apology puts a smile on your face and makes your day just that bit better! ;)

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....not to flog a somewhat dead horse,but you have indeed broken the rules - both the forums and Apple's.

Even *if* your friend paid for it, it's not his to give you to install and use without violating Apple's license agreement, and as for the forum rules, as quoted above it's *very* clear that you've asked for help with software you do not have license to use so yes, you've broken the rules.....oh yeah!

9. wpotere Guest

^^^ This...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.