Cracked Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Praetorian®, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

Today I noticed small crack on front of my macbook. First I thought it was a hair or something. Do you think I should go to Apple with it? I'm perfectionist in this and it's really annoying to know my "baby" isn't in top shape. :)

It is a bit complicated because there aren't official Apple Stores here in Czech Republic but there are nice people in shop where I bought my MacBook, so I think their services are comparable to Apple Store. They just don't have Genius-guys, so repair would take more time than in U.S. or UK. I mean if they take it to repair...

Attached Files:

2. MykeHamilton macrumors newbie

I've had similar problems with my old MacBook. Take it to Apple and they should replace the top section, if you have APP or warrenty. Though with older models, they do actually lift up eventually, my work computer has similar, But larger issues. I'd say give it ago. What're you losing?

Hope that helps.

Myk.

3. Praetorian® thread starter macrumors regular

Praetorian®

I forgot to mention it is current version of Macbook so it is still under warranty. I've just wanted to know if someone has similar problem and what can I expect to happen. If I give it to repair, it would be difficult to be without Macbook because I use it every day for school work.

I know it is confusing when I explain it like this but I hope you know what I mean...

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

If you take it to the store and they do it there, it shouldn't take a week, only a couple of days if that.

5. greenday123 macrumors 6502

The bottom case is cracked so i dont know if they will replace that or if it is covered, the top case cracking was considered a defect but i dont think the bottom one was part of it. So i dont know if they would replace it, but give it a shot.

6. Scathach macrumors newbie

I have had those cracks on my previous macbook, unfortunately they will argue that these cracks are not covered unlike the more common cracking that happen where you rest your wrists (yeah I know your not suppose to rest your wrists there). These cracks may be due to accidental damage, which is not covered according to the guys at the genius bar. I got my Macbook fixed however because these cracks appeared only after I dropped my notebook off to fix the usual keyboard/trackpad crack... when I got it back it had those hairline cracks all the way across the bottom like yours and cracks near the screws on the right side. So I got mine fixed due to the tech cracking it, but I would try to get it fixed the worst thing they can say is no.