Cracked MB screen, LED?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by it5five, May 7, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I cracked my MacBook screen a week or so back, and have yet to get it fixed (don't have money right now, need to wait for student loan money). If the rumors are true about the new LED displays coming later this year, would it be possible to get my screen fixed then and replaced with the new displays? I know nobody here can answer definitively, but what do you all think? Would it be technically possible, or would it be a huge mess trying to accomplish that?

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

I don't think it probably wouldn't be compatible with your computer but thats just my guess.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Probably be a huge mess. The new screen will have a very different shape, especially around where the current ones have the backlighting system. So you'd almost certainly need a whole new top of the case. And then, of course, they may slightly change the hinge (or even take the option of changing the whole case)...

4. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Power components inside the MacBook may differ as well.

5. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

Ah. Okay. Looks like I'll be getting a normal replacement then. Thanks for the help.

6. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

May I ask how you cracked the screen?

7. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

This is going to make me sound so lazy, but:

I was using it after I got off of work one night (I work late nights), and was really tired. I guess I fell asleep before I had a chance to turn it off and put it away, and it fell off of my lap while I was sleeping. I must have been pretty tired since I didn't wake up when it fell.

8. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Thats too bad, do you have a place in mind to get it reapaired? I hear MacresQ does a good job, but I dont know first hand.