Cracked my digitizer....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacCubed, Feb 16, 2016.

1. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Today I was walking around at school, and I bumped into a door handle with my Watch. I didn't think to check it then, but when I went to check the time, the glass had to hairline fractures and a weird cracking pattern in the lower right hand corner... Needless to say I'm pissed, and $300 to replace the screen isn't pretty, as I was being stupid and didn't buy AppleCare... I was wondering if there are any better/cheaper option available? Thanks!

2. nicho macrumors 68000

nothing better.

cheaper? buy a 38mm apple watch sport from best buy for $249 and throw your old watch away.

3. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed

That's not an option at all... I have a 42mm SS Watch, I'm not going smaller! Plus my band that I spent $130 on wouldn't fit it...

4. nicho macrumors 68000

i did say there wasn't a better option than repair ;) would it help that you could also buy a new 42mm sport for $299?

5. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed

I could but a. I have seen the way the Milanese loop matches, and I don't like it too much and b. after owning the SS the aluminum on the sport looks tacky

6. nicho macrumors 68000

so your options are spend $299 on a watch you don't want or spend $299 on (fixing) a watch you do want.\

like i summarised at the start... nothing better.

7. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Yeah, I was wondering if there are any other places besides Apple that would do it for cheaper

8. nicho macrumors 68000

and the answer is no.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

When did you get the AW? If less than 3 months ago and you purchased it with a credit card that offers accidental damage protection, you can file a claim to get reimbursed the $329.