Cracked my iPhone 5s screen. Need help please :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zirono, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Zirono macrumors newbie

So my iPhone 5s fell off of my lap when i was sitting down and fell face down onto the floor. In short the screen is cracked all over. Im looking to replace it but I can't exactly afford $270 to get apple to replace it, I paid just $30 more for the phone new a few weeks ago. I looked into replacing it myself but buying replacement screens are somewhere between $220 and $250 for an iPhone 5s screen. My question is can I use an older iPhone 5 screen which is around $150 on my iPhone 5s as a replacement?

2. Jburnette87 macrumors member

Jburnette87

No, if you look at the direction of the cables of each screen,you'll see very quickly why not.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You don't have to pay the $270 replacement fee.
    Most Apple stores now repair/replace the screen for around $150 I think.
    Give your local apple store a call to find out details.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

get it replace cheaper at apple; also if you bought it w/ a CC like AMex you can be covered for it for the first 3 months.

5. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

The iPhone 5 LCD Digitizer assemblies are not compatible with the iPhone 5S due to the flex cable positioning. AppleJuiced is 100% right on this; go to your local Apple store and see if they will replace it. The cost is right around $150, but I do know that only select Apple stores actually do the repairs.

6. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

7. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

$99 iCare. $49 to replace phone under accidental clause. You'll have one more accidental and your warranty will be extended to three years. You'll also have at least one full year maybe three years of customer support. Which is outstanding. iCare for the iPhone is the best deal going. Cheaper than many cases.

8. bizzle macrumors 6502a

Wrong. It's $79 now to replace with an Applecare Plus incident. You'll get two years support.

9. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

Recent change? I did the accidental on my 5 right after I picked up my 5s and it was $49.

Still a great deal.

I took my 5 in w/ a partially cracked rear upper panel. The auto brightness wasn't working. I fully expected to have to use one of the accidental's. They confirmed the auto brightness wasn't working and replaced it under factory warranty. I even pointed out the crack and admitted to dropping it and that it may have caused the auto brightness to not work. They said nope. Warranty. I did watch them turn down another woman who had more attitude and less manners than me. She was both out of warranty and the device showed excessive exposure to water. So, other than the great CS and iCare a good attitude can go a long way.

10. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

Correct, the replacement price for just a new screen is $150.

11. bizzle macrumors 6502a

It's $79 per incident for newly bought Applecare Plus.