Cracked my screen ~ I have Applecare Plus ~ process?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Jan 28, 2015.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi All,

I cracked my iPhone screen today. That's bad. I have Applecare Plus. That's good. I checked genius bar reservations. They're not available until Saturday. That's bad.

Can I just walk in to get my replacement? Thanks!

(iPhone 6 128GB)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can try but its not a guarantee they will take you or might make you wait a few hours or take you if someone cancels or does not show up for their appointment.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Most apple store does have a walk-in so you should be able to, but be prepared to be at the store for a long time. There may be a wait time depending on how many customers are there waiting and if they are backed up or not.

I generally don't make appointments and do a walk in and everything goes smoothly.

4. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

At my store, the appointments get taken first but if there are no shows or last minute cancellations, then walk-ins are taken. But the walk-ins are first come first served.

I believe you can call or submit online and they will charge your credit card and mail you a refurb then you do the return. Idk how fast they ship them out though.

5. technosix macrumors 6502a

My local Apple Store is very busy, yet exceptionally accommodating. At least we get good service for the obscene prices paid. Haha..:)

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Having AppleCare plus, could you call AppleCare and ask for an advanced exchange? They charge you full retail price, send you a refurb, and then you send yours back and the temp. charge is removed? Unless they no longer offer this?

7. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Yeah, they are still offering this. it's called Express replacement. You need to call and request an express replacement, they will put a hold on your credit card for the full retail price of the phone and then they will ship a phone to you overnight and once you get it you have to send your old phone back to them, once it's been received they will cancel the hold on your credit card. I have always done it this way since the closest apple store to me is 2 hours away.

8. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

If you're lucky and get to the store when it's quiet or there are cancellations then they might be able to squeeze you in.

My local store gets crazy busy though, so unless your phone is completely dead they'll turn you away and direct you towards appointments. Might be the same for yours.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you still can do a hard backup via iTunes before going to the Apple Store.

10. Jzo macrumors regular

Yes. That's what I think I would do if it were me.

Although, do they actually fix your phone if you are in-store? Or would they just give you a refurb anyway? It'd be kinda nice to have the same phone you walked in with, fixed.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Most likely if the apple store has the screen replacement, they will likely just replace the screen and walk out with the same phone you walked in with. If they don't have the screen replacement available then I'm sure they would give you options.